Pittsford FCU is presenting college-bound high school seniors with the opportunity to compete for scholarship awards. The Rochester Chapter of New York State Credit Unions Scholarship Program will be awarding a minimum of $10,000 in scholarships. Plus, Pittsford FCU will be awarding five additional $1,000 scholarships exclusively to Pittsford FCU member-applicants. It's a simple three-step process, making this an opportunity students can't pass up.
- Step 1: Download the application or stop in to any branch office to request a scholarship application form. If the student is not a member of Pittsford FCU, request a membership packet as well. All scholarship applicants are required to be a member of a participating New York credit union - and must be Pittsford FCU members to be considered for the five additional Pittsford FCU scholarships.
- Step 2: Complete the application form, write an essay and obtain the required transcripts along with the signature of the student's parent or guardian.
- Step 3: Return the completed form to the address listed on the application, post-marked no later than January 24th, 2014.
There is no fee for submitting an application.
Applicants must be:
- Members of the Pittsford FCU - with an account in their name. Technically, UTTMA (Uniform Transfer to Minors Act) custodial accounts don't qualify. But, opening a new account is quick, easy and free, so just let us know you'd like an account in your own name.
- College-bound high school seniors, attending either a two or four year accredited educational institution for the first time in the Fall of 2014
In early spring, applications will be judged against others submitted from all over the state to the Credit Union Association of New York. Winners will be notified by March 3, 2014.
For more information about this scholarship program, call our Member Services Department at 624-7474 or 800-836-8010.