"Once again the PFCU has come through and continues to have never let me down!"~ Leo of Pittsford, NY, Member since 2002
Select a link below for the branch map you would like to view:
20 Tobey Village Road
P.O. Box 346
Pittsford, NY 14534-0346
Click Here For Driving Directions
1321 Pittsford Mendon Road
P.O. Box 726
Mendon, NY 14506-0726
Click Here For Driving Directions
Monday through Thursday 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Pittsford Fax - (585) 381-0078
Mendon Fax - (585) 624-7939
Mortgage Dept. - (585) 381-3885
Mortgage Fax - (585) 381-3949
Don't forget, Telephone Banking (624-7670) and Internet Banking are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Our branches will be closed on the following Holidays. All electronic services will be available, including ATMs, Internet, Mobile and Telephone Banking.
|New Year's Day||January 1, 2015|
|Birthday of Martin Luther King||January 19, 2015|
|Washington's Birthday||February 16, 2015|
|Memorial Day||May 25, 2015|
|Independence Day||July 4, 2015|
|Labor Day||September 7, 2015|
|Columbus Day||October 12, 2015|
|Veteran's Day||November 11, 2015|
|Thanksgiving Day||November 26, 2015|
|Christmas Eve (Close at 3:00PM)||December 24, 2015|
|Christmas Day||December 25, 2015|
|New Year's Eve (Close at 3:00PM)||December 31, 2015|
|New Year's Day||January 1, 2016|
The Pittsford Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pittsford FCU supports a drug free workplace and conducts background checks, which include a credit report.
Accounting / Operations SpecialistPosition Summary
The primary responsibility of the Accounting/Operations Specialist is to assist with the accurate reporting, recording and reconciliation of the Credit Unionís accounting activities. As such, close attention to detail and diligent research ability are important. Additionally, this position will undertake special projects throughout the Credit Union when the skills and the experience of the individual best match the characteristics of the particular initiative. Strong organizational skills and proficiency in written and oral communication are essential in order to effectively and efficiently accomplish the responsibilities of the position.
- An associate degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is required.
- 1-2 of years of accounting related experience is preferred.
- Desire and ability to learn with initiative to act and operate independently.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office; proficiency in using Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to deal effectively, professionally and pleasantly with team members and members of the Credit Union.
- A team player with a willingness to work cooperatively and effectively on projects with others while promoting a team environment.
- Maintain a high regard for confidentiality; information that is accessed must be kept confidential.
- Maintain a professional appearance and possess a positive attitude.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to use a computer or other technologies. The employee frequently is required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The noise level in this office work environment is usually light.
- Card Services - daily report review, fraudulent activity processing, problem-solving and member research
- ACH processing - posting of exceptions, research, stop payment and fraudulent activity processing, knowledge of NACHA rules
- Share Draft processing - posting of exceptions, stop payment and fraudulent activity processing, research
- Wire transfer processing (incoming & outgoing) and research
- Accounting Functions:
- Daily general ledger entries
- Daily credit union balancing
- Analyze and prepare financial schedules to support journal entries
- Daily cash management
- Monthly bank account reconciliations
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial information
- Member/Team Member Support:
- Problem solving
- Special project implementation/support throughout the organization
Please submit resume to:
Pittsford Federal Credit Union
PO Box 726
Mendon, NY 14506-0726
E-mail resume to: HR@PittsfordFCU.org or call Human Resources at (585) 624-7474 x5146
Pittsford Federal Credit Union has now served members for 45 years, providing financial information resources, competitive products, and outstanding service. The Credit Union continues to grow and is currently fifth largest credit union in the Greater Rochester area. In December, we reached $354 Million in assets. We owe this continued success to the confidence and trust of our members.
Pittsford Federal Credit Union exists to provide member focused friendly financial services. As a team of professionals, the Board of Directors and the staff are dedicated to providing exceptional member service in a knowledgeable, caring manner. We strive to efficiently provide quality services that exceed member expectations while ensuring that we remain a sound, stable financial institution.
|Selected Amounts And Percentages||2013||2012|
Total Amount Paid to Members as a Percentage
of Gross Income
|Yield On Average Assets||3.35%||3.20%|
|Average Cost of Funds||0.53%||0.63%|
|Total Operating Expenses as a Percent of Assets||1.92%||1.94%|
|Loan Losses as a Percent of Average Loans||.21%||.09%|
|Net Income as a Percent of Average Assets||.71%||.81%|
|Total Capital as a Percent of Assets||10.17%||9.82%|
|Total Gross Income||$11,685,701||$12,037,482|
Total Reserves & Undivided Earnings & Allowance
for Loan Losses
Small Change and a ShoeboxWhen a small group of Pittsford Central School District employees got together and decided they wanted higher earnings on their savings and a source of affordable loans, the Pittsford Federal Credit Union was born. In 1968, these founders pooled their funds and launched the member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative.
For the first few years, the Credit Union was staffed entirely by volunteers. Funds were stored inside a shoebox in a classroom desk drawer, and all transactions were recorded by hand. Within just five years, membership grew to over one thousand members and assets topped $1 million.
Serving the Wider CommunityThe adoption of a community charter in 1979 marked a major turning point in the Credit Union's history. Membership was no longer restricted to Pittsford School employees. The Credit Union began offering its products and services to anyone who lived or worked in the towns of Pittsford, Mendon or Honeoye Falls.
A Permanent HomeIn 1980, the Credit Union rented its first professional space and began conducting business out of the Barn Bazaar Building in Tobey Village Office Park. Continuous increases in membership and mergers with the Singer and Nazareth College Credit Unions prompted a series of moves to larger and larger offices. In 1988, the Credit Union purchased its own building and settled into its present home at 20 Tobey Village Road.
New Products and ServicesThe 1990s was a decade of new product and service introductions. Along with a variety of savings account options and auto, mortgage and personal loans, the Credit Union added U.S. Savings Bonds, VISA Gold cards, signature guarantees and telephone banking to its menu of offerings. The Credit Union Web site made its debut in 1996, and online banking services were launched to wide acclaim in 1997.
A Second BranchBy 1998, after thirty years in business, the Credit Union had again outgrown its space. A second office was built in the town of Mendon, providing convenient branch banking for members. The second location would also house centralized computer hardware and systems and a new call center to handle ever-increasing call volumes.
Pittsford FCU in the New MillenniumIn July 2006, a community charter expansion was approved, and membership was extended to individuals who live or work in the towns of Brighton, East Rochester, Perinton, Pittsford, Mendon, Victor, East Bloomfield, West Bloomfield, Lima, Avon, Rush or Henrietta. By the close of 2007, the Credit Union employed fifty-five people and assets exceeded $233 million.
From shoebox savings to state-of-the-art technology, the Credit Union has come a long way. Growth and change will continue in the twenty-first century, as the Credit Union takes advantage of new opportunities and new technologies to respond to the changing needs of its members. The primary objective, however, will always remain the same: provide superior products and outstanding personal service to members.
"It was easy, quick and convenient. Plus, the staff is always friendly and helpful."~ Bob of Pittsford, NY, Member since 1997
Listing of CU Sponsored Community Involvement Activities
- American Cancer Society
- Bach Children's Chorus
- Benincasa Hospice Home Care
- Camp Good Days
- Camp Stella Mara Fund
- Credit Union Miracle Day Cherry Blossom Run Benefitting Golisano Children's Hospital
- Credit Unions Care for Kids Golisano Children's Hospital Donation
- CURE Childhood Cancer Association
- Downstairs Cabaret Theater
- Fairy Godmother
- Friends of Pittsford Cheerleading
- Friends of Pittsford Hockey
- Girl Scouts of Genesee Valley
- Harley High School Blast Fundraiser
- Harley Scholarship Fund
- Hillside Family Agencies
- Honeoye Falls Girls Basketball
- Honeoye Falls Lima Rotary
- Honeoye Falls Lima High School Robotics
- Honeoye Falls Mendon Chamber of Commerce Outdoor Movies
- Honeoye Falls Sports Boosters
- Junior Achievment - Pittsford Schools
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Kyle's Run
- March of Dimes
- Mendon Festival
- Mendon High School Senior Bash
- Mendon Public Library
- Mendon Volunteer Fire Department
- Muscular Dystrophey Association
- Nazareth Arts Center
- Nazareth Basketball
- Parents Do Care - Pittsford Community Softball Tournament
- Perinton Squirt Minor Hockey
- Pittsford Crew
- Pittsford FCU College Scholarship Fund
- Pittsford Indoor Rowing Center
- Pittsford Library Foundation
- Pittsford Little League
- Pittsford Mendon Baseball Team
- Pittsford Mendon High School Virtual Enterprise Club
- Pittsford Mendon Jr. High Safe Celebration
- Pittsford Mendon Senior Safe Celebration
- Pittsford Mendon Storm Baseball Tournament
- Pittsford Musicals
- Pittsford Rotary
- Pittsford Triathlon
- Pittsford United Nursery School PUNS
- Pittsford United Soccer Club
- Pittsford Volunteer Ambulance
- Pittsford Volunteer Fire Department
- Pittsford Youth Services Annual Duck Drop
- Red Cross Youth Scholarship
- Rochester Community Tennis Junior Grand Prix
- St. John Fisher College Alumni Association
- Sutherland High School Life Smarts Competition
- Sutherland Musicals
- The School of Holy Childhood
- The United Way
- Victor Serenity House
- Visiting Nurse Service Hospice
- Women's Club of Pittsford
- Women's Club of Rochester
- YMCA Invest In Youth Campaign
- YMCA Pittsford Branch
These organizations have either provided information for inclusion on our web site or have provided links to their web sites. If you represent a non-profit organization within our field of membership, please send a message to MemberService@PittsfordFCU.org to be included on this page.
Other Pittsford Sites