Pittsford FCU, along with other local credit unions, is presenting college-bound high school seniors with the opportunity to earn a Rochester Chapter of the Credit Union Association of New York Scholarship award. Each year’s scholarships are drawn from a fund of approximately $10,000, and are awarded in both $500 and $1,000 increments.
Again in 2010, Pittsford FCU will be awarding five additional $1,000 scholarships, offered exclusively to Pittsford FCU member-applicants.
Applying is a simple three-step process, making this an opportunity students should not pass up.
There is no fee for submitting an application, but students applying MUST be:
- Step 1: Download the application or stop in to any branch office to request a scholarship application form. If the student is not a member of Pittsford FCU, request a membership packet as well. All scholarship applicants are required to be a member of a participating New York credit union.
- Step 2: Complete the application form, write an essay and obtain the required transcripts along with the signature of the applicant’s parent or guardian.
- Step 3: Mail the completed application form (address is included on the application form) prior to the February 5th, 2010 postmark deadline.
- Members of a participating credit union (hopefully Pittsford FCU)
- A college-bound high school senior at the time of application
- Planning to attend a two or four year accredited educational institution
- Attending college for the first time in the fall of 2010
- Able to follow directions - incomplete applications will be disqualified
For more information about this scholarship program, call our Member Service Team at (585) 624-7474 or (800) 836-8010.